Want to improve your health, lose weight, or detoxify your body? Fresh squeezed juice may be just what the doctor ordered. Even if you are not after any special benefits, a refreshing glass of recently extracted, juicy goodness tastes way better than any frozen concentrate or store bought carton. When you do it yourself, you can be sure that there is no processing to kill nutrients, and no age to decrease flavor. You will end up guzzling down a healthier concoction that is much more delicious, and because you are making it yourself, you can easily blend multiple fruits together, or add in vegetables for added vitamins and minerals. Consuming a fruit and veggie blend in the morning can be more satisfying than a bowl of cereal, and if you add in stuff like chia seeds, it can provide enough fiber and protein to fuel you for just as long. After only a few days, you will begin to notice a difference as energy increases and your mood elevates.
Benefits Of Juicing:
There are all kinds of reasons to consume fresh juice, and your body will certainly thank you once you make it part of your regular routine. The list below outlines some of the main benefits that you can expect once you replace standard versions and other empty calories with this fresh and fulfilling alternative.
- A shrinking waist line.
- Increased mental clarity.
- A longer lasting full feeling.
- Heightened sense of taste and smell.
- More hydrated and youthful looking skin.
- Improved energy and stamina.
- Decrease in toxins and free radicals.
- A more positive mental outlook. Happier, more cheerful thought patterns.
- A better functioning immune system that will decrease the frequency of minor illnesses.
- Better control over your eating habits due to a more satisfied body.
- Ability to sleep less, but wake feeling more refreshed.
Any hard core juicer will quickly let you know about how great their special machine is, and how much better it performs when stacked up against the alternatives. When you spend that much money, you need to constantly reassure yourself that it was a good decision, and there was no lower cost option that was comparable. The problem is that anyone that wants to juice like a pro, and have the machine to prove it, will need to drop several hundred dollars in order to get an ideal unit. It is easy to argue that these are worth every penny, but many of us do not have enough cash piled up to justify such an expenditure. You can be sure that if you do, you will be in possession of something that works really well, and gets the job done in a timely fashion, but there are other options that will produce similar results at a fraction of the cost. Unless you are after a fancy decoration for your kitchen counter, you really don’t need a juice extractor that breaks the bank. Continue reading to discover how you can end up with nearly identical results by using what you have now, or spending less than $20 to make the job super quick and easy.
How Do They Work
A juicing machine basically just grinds and presses fruits and vegetables in order to squeeze out any juice inside and give you a finished product that you can drink . What makes them expensive is that they also separate the liquid from all of the stuff you would need to chew on, or spit out. Pulp, skin, seeds and other unwanted parts get taken out, so you are only left with the flavorful beverage that you desire. An expensive tool will do this in one easy step, so you basically just clean and cut your food, pop it in the top, and then turn it on. The machine then does the rest of the work for you, and quickly begins spitting out the goods. The main downside to most extractors is the clean up afterward. Many can be a real pain, and there is little you can do to avoid this annoying step. The multiple pieces that make high priced machines work well, also cost you time with each washing. Further more, you usually need to chop things into little bits in order to feed them in properly and have the machine work correctly.
Because the process is pretty basic, any method that does similar stuff will produce a nearly identical outcome. As long as you have great tasting juice without chunks, what do you care how it was made? The blender you have now can work well for this job with some extra work or slight modification. If you don’t mind taking twice as long, you can use your existing blender and some sort of strainer after the fact, but with an affordable purchase, you can literally transform your blender into a juicer that works just as fast as those much pricier options.
Using Your Blender Alone
If you have any kind of blender at home, you can certainly use it to make fresh squeezed juice in any blend you desire. The main downside to this is the mess and time that it takes to accomplish. You will need to run your machine in order to pulverize the food, but then afterward you have to strain it in order to make it drinkable. This forces you to dirty several dishes, get your hands messy and take about twice as much time, but most of us have this tool in the cupboard, so it may be the only option available. Even if it will never be a long term option, it is definitely a good place to start in order to find out if you enjoy the flavor and benefits enough to justify a purchase to make the process easier. Use the following steps to extract juice using only your blender and some sort of straining cloth.
- Gather your ingredients. All fruit tastes pretty darn good, but generally is a bit lacking in the fiber department, add in some veggies to fortify the mixture and give your body more to work with. If you can buy organic it will always have the best flavor and nutritional benefits. Always look for healthy looking greens and fruit that is in season. The beverage you create will only be as good as the stuff you use to prepare it.
- Once you have your food, rinse thoroughly and then cut into smaller pieces as necessary.
- Add everything into the blender.
- Add some water or ice if desired. This can cool or dilute the mixture which spreads the servings, and also makes it more palatable for certain people.
- Run the machine on high for about thirty seconds. Time will vary slightly depending upon what you are using.
- Once chopped up, use a nut milk bag or cheese cloth to strain and separate.
- You can extend over a bowl, or fill like a pouch, but essentially you just want to capture all of the chunks in order to separate out the liquid.
- Squeeze and press until you have all of the juice into a cup or other receptacle, and then enjoy.
- Clean up involves tossing your bag or cloth, washing your hands, wiping any spills and washing your blender.
An Easier Way
Using your blender alone can work in a pinch, but straining the mash is not that desirable for most people. If you would prefer to skip steps and save time and effort in the process, our universal juicer attachment can literally turn your regular blender into a juice extractor instead of a fruit and veggie pulverizer. It fits any make or model and does the same job that fancy and expensive juicers do except you don’t have to cut food down as much, and clean up is far easier after you finish. It is essentially a straining tube that attaches over the blade and in the center of your machine. All of your food goes in the middle, and once you turn the blender on, the blades with tear though the ingredients in order to make your juice. The cleaver design allows all of the seeds, stems, skins and pulp to remain at the center of the blender, while the juicy liquid is pushed out through the holes to the outside. Squeezing your own juice is as easy as flipping a switch, and you don’t have to press and squeeze afterward in order to have something that you can consume without chewing.
How to Use It:
- The set comes with the strainer cylinder, a lid, and several pieces that make it fit perfectly in any model.
- To install it, simply place down the base attachment that fits inside your blender and then stack the strainer adapter that corresponds on top.
- After these two pieces are in place, stick the strainer tube on top and you are ready to go.
- Choose your fruits and veggies and place them down inside the cylinder and then place the lid on top.
- Turn your blender on using a high setting, and let it run for 30-60 seconds.
- As it works, you will see the food grind up and the liquid spill out the holes.
- Use more time if it looks like more liquid is able to be extracted.
- The container will fill with juice at the outside, but all of the stuff you don’t want to drink will stay on the inside.
- To get your juice into a cup, simply pour it in using the container you made it in. The thick mash will remain in place as your delicious beverage flows into your cup.
- Clean up is easy, because all parts are top rack dishwasher safe. Simply pop them in and forget about it.
Using this affordable product will give you the same results as more expensive options can deliver, and it might also save you time and effort in comparison. It is so easy to use that anyone can master the technique after a single trial, so it is one of the best ways to get started with a more raw and healthy diet. When it is no longer difficult to finance the solution, and making a mess is almost impossible, you can stick to experimenting with flavors and enjoying the wealth of benefits that you will gain. Start your morning off right, and don’t compromise quality just because you can’t afford a professional style juicer. For most people, this low cost alternative will do the job well enough to be used on a regular basis instead of one of those costly traditional versions. With a much smaller footprint, people interested in saving space will also love this adapter because it stores in a much smaller space, but it can be ready to go in less than a minute.
Recipes To Get You Started:
Single Serve Power Juice
- 1 apple
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 2 oz goji juice
- 1 oz aloe juice
- 1 carrot
- 1 orange
- green leafy veggies of your choosing
- chop apple, peel orange and carrot
- add all ingredients except chia seeds to blender, inside straining tube
- turn blender on high and use until fully blended
- pour juice into cup and add chia seeds
- let sit for 5 minutes so seeds can soak and expand
- Stir thoroughly, drink and enjoy
Apple cider helps to detox, goji helps t the immune system and all of the other stuff combines to add additional nutrients and a great flavor. The addition of the chia seeds adds a thicker texture, but also adds substance that will keep you full longer. They are rich in natural omega 3’s.
Flab Fighting Brew
- 4-7 carrots peeled
- kale or other green leafy vegetables
- 1 lemon, orange or other citrus fruit
- Wash everything thoroughly and chop as necessary.
- Add leaves to the cylinder first, and then place in carrots. Add your fruit on top.
- Flip the switch to blend until finished.
- Pour into cup and drink as a great way to start the day.
- Drink immediately for best results, or store for later in a glass container. May yield more than one serving.
Yummy Green Juice
- 1/2 lemon or lime
- 1/3-1/2 melon – cantaloupe or honey dew for sweetness
- 2 pears quartered
- 2 stalks of celery
- one handful kale leaves (about 7 leaves)
- ginger to taste (approx. 1 inch fresh root)
- optional: 1 cucumber
- Wash everything thoroughly and chop as necessary. For best health benefits try to use 80% veg to 20% fruit. For a more sweet taste that beginners can handle go with a 50/50 blend and adjust ingredients accordingly.
- Add leaves to the cylinder first, then place in all other ingredients.
- Flip the switch and blend until finished.
- Pour into cup and drink as a great way to start the day.
- Drink right away for highest nutrient count.
- Benefits Of Juicing
- Traditional Options
- How Juicers Work
- Using Your Blender
- An Easier Way
- Home Juicing Recipes