Want to make a mouth watering meat loaf that cooks to completion in ten minutes without drying out or losing flavor? Would you believe that you can do it with your microwave oven and still have it taste like homemade, oven cooked goodness? The following recipe employs the use of a special container that allows you to cook food at high speed in the microwave, but it also steams it at the same time to cook more evenly and cause the results to be more juicy and edible. Instead of mashing everything into one loaf and letting it bake in the oven for up to an hour, you will squish up four smaller loaves and cook on high for just ten minutes. These can be single serving loaves, or you can slice them up and serve so that nobody knows. Follow the instructions below exactly, or add your own variations to give it your own special touch. Either way, it is one of the fastest and easiest ways to serve a home cooked meal with little effort and hardly any time involved.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup mashed potato mix
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry, seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- MicroBuddy Container – Large
- Water or other liquid 1/3 cup
- mixing bowl
- Add all ingredients except ketchup to medium size mixing bowl.
- Mix and knead together until fully blended.
- Form into four loaves and place on cooking rack.
- Coat evenly with ketchup.
- Pour 1/3 cup of water into bottom of cooking tray. To make it easy, remove and then replace rack.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 10 minutes.
You could cook this without the special container mentioned, but it would take longer and the taste and texture would not be the same. Because the container remains sealed, and the liquid creates steam as it heats, your end result is quicker to achieve and more desirable to eat. Try using something other than water for a more unique taste because any liquid in the bottom will have it’s flavor infused into the food being cooked. When you do have this set, you can harness the speed and power of your microwave without compromising taste or quality. Fast food is healthy food when you cook it using the MicroBuddy.
Nobody has added anything yet, so you can be first! Add your thoughts, questions or comments by using the box below.