Spicy is awesome, but sometimes a nice hint of sweetness will create the perfect blend of flavors, and allow you to make a more appropriate sauce or dip. You might not want to chomp down on fruit when enjoying a taco or burrito, but when scooping with a chip, or adding to entrees like fish, the sweet and hot combination can provide the perfect complimentary flavor. The tropical yumminess of the mango blends well with the strong bite of the jalapeno, and together they will enhance exotic dishes, or just give a new flavor to stuff you already love. The simple recipe below is easy to make at home, and anyone can prepare it by hand to impress friends and family. Use one of our spin top choppers to speed up the process and improve the results, or cut everything by hand if you don’t mind taking the time. Electronic food processors can also be employed, but be careful to leave chunks, and avoid turning the ingredients into a messy, red soup.
- 2 medium size ripe tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 medium size onion
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno (hot), 1/3 jalapeno (mild), 2/3 jalapeno (medium)
- 1 medium size ripe mango
- If chopping by hand, cut all ingredients into tiny cubes separately, and then combine together.
- If using a chopper, place all ingredients inside, and then apply the lid. Spin to chop and mix at the same time. More rotations will result in finer pieces.
- Once blended to the ideal size and consistency, add in the mango, replace the lid, and spin again.
- Once finished, remove from the container to serve. Use as a dip for chips, topping for meats, etc.
Most people avoid making salsa at home because it seems impossible to chop by hand with a knife, and electric food processors produce a pureed paste that’s just not the same. If you like a perfectly chunky salsa filled with fresh ingredients, one of our choppers will quickly become your new best friend. You can see into the container as you chop, so you can easily get the perfect consistency to suit your tastes. Anything from large chunks to smaller pico-style pieces are possible when you use this tool, and it could not be faster or more fool-proof to operate. You can even make a liquid mush if you prefer, just keep on spinning until it looks the way you want. Not only will a spin top chopper allow you to make restaurant quality salsa at home, it will also reduce the effort it takes, and eliminate the number of dishes required. You will be able to enjoy this popular condiment, and it will be easy to alter the recipe to please your taste buds, or create your own special recipe.