Salsa is more than just a fun word to say. It is one of the most versatile condiments available, and is loved by almost everybody. It can be used as a dip, a topping or an ingredient and there are limitless ways to prepare it. When you make salsa at home you can add the perfect amount of seasoning, and make it exactly as hot as you want, as garlicy as you want, or as salty as you want. Kick it up a notch with fresh hot peppers, or go exotic by mixing in some mango. Once you start experimenting with it, you will find an endless number of variations, and will be able to easily discover a signature sauce of your own. The taste difference you get just by using fresh ingredients can make a huge difference, but once you start using your own recipes too, you will end up with a perfect tasting salsa for any application.
It can obviously be used as a topping for Mexican dishes or to dip tortilla chips, but there are so many other ways to use your homemade salsa too. It can be great on fish or meatloaf. Spread some over a piece of chicken and then melt cheese over the top for a quick and delicious meal. You can even add salsa to your eggs in the morning for a spicy way to start your day.
Salsa is the Spanish word for sauce, but we traditionally think of it as a chunky and spicy tomato dip or topping. Most people avoid or don’t think to make their own salsa, but it can be a very rewarding task. If done right, it won’t take a lot of time, and it can save you money too. The best part about making your own salsa though, is that you get it prepared exactly the way you want, and you know it is incredibly fresh and flavorful. The hardest part about making salsa at home is chopping up all of those ingredients. If done by hand, it can take forever, but automatic food processors can be incredibly expensive and cost prohibitive for someone who just wants to make salsa. The mess left behind from hand chopping is also huge and time consuming to clean. Unless you are someone that loves to use a knife, you will most likely give up on making salsa before you have even chopped the first tomato. If you do though, you are really missing out on a delicious home made treat.
The Salsa Express Miracle Chopper makes it easy to prepare fresh salsa right at home. Just plop your ingredients into the container, apply the lid, and then turn the handle to chop and mix it all at once. Unlike hard core food processing machines, this chopper won’t destroy your ingredients because you have complete control over how fine it is chopped. Just a few turns of the handle will completely chop your ingredients into perfectly sized chunks. Don’t like it chunky? Then give it a few more cranks to more thoroughly chop your salsa. Using fresh produce increases the flavor, and allows you to alter your salsa in any way you wish. Make an extra spicy batch, or make one that is completely mild. Season it to your standards, and try different flavor combinations. You can even try adding fruit to like peaches or mangoes to give your salsa a lighter, more tropical flavor.
Preparing all of those vegetables into an amazing tasting, homemade salsa could take a lot of work. It could take forever to chop all of that stuff by hand, plus you will have multiple dirty dishes because of the different cutting boards and bowls that you will use. That is why the Salsa Express Miracle Chopper is so great. You can have fresh salsa any time you want it, prepared in just minutes. Everything is chopped and mixed in the same container, and you can even use that same container to serve the salsa too. Just toss in the ingredients, secure the lid, and give it a few spins. Your ingredients are chopped 20 times faster than by hand and you have fresh salsa in just minutes. No mess, no hassle, and no tears or lingering smell from the onions and garlic. Follow these easy instructions to make your own salsa today.
How To Make Salsa At Home:
Ingredients. The first step is to get your ingredients together. The recipe below will offer a basic combination. Feel free to add or omit to taste, and use this as more of a starting point, rather than a set in stone way of making it.
- 2 medium sized ripe tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 medium sized onion
- 4 sprigs cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno (1/3 for mild, 2/3 for medium and 1 for hot)
- Put all the ingredients together in your chopper. For larger veggies, you may want to quarter them prior to putting them in the bowl because this will make chopping and mixing easier. It is not required, but could save time and effort.
- Chop and mix all ingredients. With the miracle chopper this step is easy. You will dice and slice as you mix the ingredients together, so it is all done in one easy step. If you are trying to make salsa without this tool, you could also chop everything on a board, and then add to a bowl to mix and combine. When using the Miracle Chopper, quick spins make finer cuts. All ingredients will be chopped without smashing, and you will end up with a chunky sauce. For a smoother more pureed style sauce, just spin for longer.
- Once complete, simply remove the blade and serve in the mixing bowl, or transfer to a serving bowl if desired. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy! You can alter this recipe in any number of ways. These are the most basic ingredients, but you can vary, add and omit to create your ideal tasting salsa. The Salsa Express will allow you to prepare it easily and allow you to enjoy fresh salsa at home anytime you want it.