Please Help! I was having a house warming party, and someone spilled red wine on my new carpet leaving a huge stain. I have tried all of my usual cleaners on it and nothing seems to help. Can you please give me advice on how to remove a stain like this, or should I start shopping for an area rug.
Most people think red wine is an extremely difficult stain to remove. The dark red color can be extremely discouraging. We have all experienced this problem at some point and traditional cleaners don’t usually work. Many of these cleaners as well as the home remedy of peroxide are bleaching agents. They work ok if your carpet is white, but if you have any other color carpet you will be left with a white stain instead of a red one. Bleaching stains doesn’t remove anything anyway, it just covers it up, leaving a sticky white spot that attracts more dirt faster.
We would recommend Quick n Brite for your red wine stain. Nothing works better to completely remove a red wine stain than Quick’n Brite. Because red wine is organic in it’s composition, and contains no artificial coloring, Quick n Brite is the perfect cleaner to use on it. It’s an enzyme cleaner so organic stains are what it works best on. It penetrates the stain and then breaks it apart, releasing it from the fibers so that you can completely remove it. There’s no bleach in Quick n Brite so you don’t have to worry about the color of your carpet when using it. In fact, there are no harsh chemicals of any kind, so it’s safe to use on any carpet or fabric without worrying about damage. Quick n Brite is all-natural and biodegradable, so you can feel good about using it around children and pets.
Method for Cleaning:
It doesn’t matter how long the stain has been on the carpet, or what you have tried to use on it in the past. Quick n Brite will remove any red wine stain, although it’s easier if you attack the spill right after it happens.
- For a recent wine spill, make sure that you use a shammy or other absorbent cloth to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Make sure that you don’t rub when drying as it will spread the stain and make it larger. Simply place the shammy over the stain and press down, allowing the cloth to absorb the wine.
- You may want to rinse the area with cold water and then dry again to remove as much wine as possible.
- Once all of the excess liquid is removed, you can go to work on the stain. Take some Quick n Brite Paste and work it into the wine stain, adding just a small amount of warm water.
- Using your fingers or a brush, work the cleaner into your carpet using an up and down, then left and right motion.
- Once the Quick n Brite is applied all over, just let it sit there for a few minutes. This time allows the cleaner time to work. The enzymes are breaking apart the red wine stain and lifting it to the surface.
- After a few minutes, take a dry terry cloth towel and buff the area clean. You will notice that the entire stain will transfer to the towel, leaving your carpet totally clean.
- For best results, you may have to repeat this process.
Set In Stains
- For set in stains or a less hands on approach, put Quick n Brite in your steam cleaner.
- Use 6 oz. of Quick n Brite for every gallon of water in your reservoir.
- For this method you will want to pre-treat the red wine stain first using the heavy solution (3 tbs. / quart) in a spray bottle. Spray Quick n Brite all over the red wine stain and then let it sit there for about ten minutes.
- After that go over the stain with your steam cleaner as usual.
- It should only take a pass or two with your steam cleaner to remove the red wine.
- Your carpet will be left cleaner than ever, and you may even be forced to clean the whole room because this spot looks so clean in comparison to the rest of the carpet.
- Quick n Brite is the absolute best cleaner to use in your steam cleaner, leaving your carpet soft and fluffy to the touch. There is no sticky residue left behind like those other cleaners.
Quick n Brite works so well, it comes with a full money back guarantee. If you find that it doesn’t work like it is supposed to, simply return it and you will be refunded the full purchase price. A true all-purpose cleaner, Quick’n Brite has hundreds of uses all over your home. It is truly the only cleaner you need. Get it to remove your red wine stain, but continue using it to clean the rest of your house. You will be amazed at how well it cleans and how easy it is to use.
Do you have your own cleaning question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your question answered by the cleaning pros at Simply Good Stuff.