There are many essential physical and psychological factors that will assist in the process of staying or becoming healthy. The most important of these have been listed in this article. It may for many people seem to be a very challenging list. If you are one of these people then I suggest that you make a start. Choose one thing that you can change about the way that you currently live. Make that change and stick to it and then make another change and so forth. If you find the list daunting then choose something relatively easy from the list to do – for example, increase the amount of filtered water that you drink in one day. This is adding something to how you live rather than taking something away. Adding in is easier than taking something away. When it comes to your diet try adding in eating one piece of fruit per day and do this for a week and then add in two pieces of fruit per day. Again you are adding in and not taking anything away. You may also be able to add in something for you mind or physical exercise. You will have made a good start.Attempting to change many things at the one time is very difficult and will make it difficult to succeed but you can make changes over many months – just keep the goal of improved health in your mind. Improved health is what you are working towards and having this in mind will help to keep you going when times get tough and you feel like giving up.
- Eating a good diet and ensuring that you are obtaining your vitamins and minerals is one necessary step to good health. This means eating plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables and taking a good vitamin and mineral supplement. If you have not been eating a good diet it is probable that you have a build up of toxins in your body. Toxins are one of the main reasons for ill health and need to be removed. You find out how to safely remove the toxins with Safe Colon Cleansing:Your Good Health Guide. Volume 2 also contains hundreds of recipes to help you eat a good diet.
- Do not smoke. Tobacco has many harmful effects. If you currently smoke try to give it up. Join Growerz.com for the support and assistance that you need.
- Do not drink alcohol as even in small amounts it can have a detrimental effect on the body.
- Breath deeply – but in pure and not polluted air. Air Purifiers are able to assist if you live in an environment with poor air quality. They can also assist if you have a problem with allegens such as dust mites and pollens.
- Drink plenty of fresh pure water.
- Sunshine. Our body needs sunshine to function well and to make vitamin D. We should not get so much that we burn as this damages the skin and can lead to skin cancers. How much you need will depend upon where you live and the nature of your skin – about 10 minutes per day with about 60% skin exposure is a rough guideline.
- Good posture and bones. We need to make sure that the structure that holds us together and upright is in good alignment. There are many who consider this to be the foundation of our health and that if our bony structure is right then the nerve and energy impulses that pass to the rest of the body will help to keep it in good order. if you have any difficulties with this you need to see a practitioner such as a chiropractor or osteopath or massage therapist.
- Take medical drugs only if essential. Excessive use of medicinal drugs (obtained either on prescription or over the counter at a pharmacists or supermarket), can lead to serious physical ill-health. Avoid taking drugs unless there is a defined medical problem. Many pharmaceutical drugs have an adverse effect on our vitamins and minerals. Seek alternative approaches (such as naturopathy and herbalism) to managing health problems.
- Take regular exercise. In order to maintain good physical health is necessary to take regular exercise. This needs to include three elements, aerobic fitness, muscular strength and flexibility. Walking, jogging, swimming, cycling, sporting activities, weights, yoga and so forth are all suitable. Choose the forms of exercise that suit your lifestyle and personal preferences. If you haven’t exercised for a while you need to start very gradually. You may also need to check with your health professional if you have had heart problems or surgery.
- Take regular mental exercise. The mind affects the body in many ways and mental health is necessary to achieve physical health. Mental activities such as reading, writing, the creative arts, a hobby, learning something new, doing a different project all stimulate the mind. Watching excessive amount of TV, computer games or videos does not allow you to exercise your creativity or mental capacity.
- Have and follow a goal in life. It is important that you have a goal or purpose in life that you are interested in and genuinely wish to achieve. This may be via your job or home life or by being a member of a local or national society or some other means. Without an interest in wanting to achieve something, life often becomes dull and meaningless.
- Develop and maintain a range of positive, supportive relationships.
- Maintain a wide range of interests and activities. Life can be divided into certain areas such as your own personal interests, your family, work and groups or societies that you belong to. Try to have interests and activities that relate to each of these areas.
- Manage the levels of stress that are in your life. Learn how to relax and stay calm and have a practical and positive attitude to your abilities and life circumstances.
Remember to enjoy life. Even when you are unwell or under stress there is much enjoyment to be had.There are many activities that you can do to help you in the process of staying or becoming healthy. The list provided above is a good starting point. Try making a plan for yourself and add in things to your life before you try taking things away. However if you smoke make it a priority to quit. Not smoking is one of the greatest health improvements that you can make. Growerz.com will assist you to become smoke free.
Dr Jenny Tylee is an experienced health professional who is passionate about health and wellbeing. She believes that health is not just absence of disease and seeks to actively promote vitality and wellness through empowering others. She encourages people to improve their health by quit smoking, cleansing their body, taking essential, non contaminated vitamin and mineral supplements (from healthproductssite.com) and many other methods, including herbal remedies. She also owns Healthy Living blog.