Can you please recommend cleaning method for a black ball-point ink mark on my microfiber couch that I’ve only had for a few months? The couch color is called “Pear” and is a beautiful green color (it’s kind of a “microsuede” material). The ink mark is about 2-1/2″ inches long and is on the inside arm.
Thanks for your help!
As long as it is ball point pen ink and not something more severe, Quick n Brite will work great. It won’t work on permanent ink like a sharpie or thick magic marker, but blue or black ball point pen ink is no problem. It will easily take it off of your couch, and the microfiber material does not add any difficulty. Although this is a relatively new material for sofas, it is not a very volatile fabric when it comes to cleaning. You can be pretty sure that a regular product would have trouble, but this one will eliminate it easily. If you opt for a traditional stain removal product it may just spread or smear the color, and it could also bleach or otherwise ruin your new couch. This is why they always say to test it on a small, hidden area first. If you use Quick N Brite instead, you will have a safe method that is guaranteed to work. This job is so easy that it is actually one that is commonly used to demonstrate the power and efficiency of this incredible stain fighter.
How To Do It:
- For this job, you will want to use the paste, full strength in most cases. If it a light mark, you could probably get away with 3 Tbs in a quart of water and then spray it on, but thicker drawings will require more power. To guarantee not to have to mess around, just grab the paste right away.
- Get a clean cloth, soft brush or something else similar to apply the cleaner. For best results, get your tool wet with warm water, but leave damp to avoid adding too much moisture.
- Apply a decent amount all over the stain and then work it in using your brush, fingernail, a toothbrush or anything else.
- For tough stains, let it sit for ten minutes or so. For lesser ones, you can go back to remove it right away.
- To finish, take a clean, dry terry cloth towel and buff the stain out of the fabric. You will see the stain transfer from the couch to the towel quickly and easily.
- If any pen still remains, a quick second application will remove it entirely. In most situations, a single application will be more than sufficient to get the surface clean.
It may sound too good to be true, but this technique will work incredibly well for ball point pen on any fabric, and that certainly includes your couch. Use the same technique to take it off clothing, the seats in your car, drapery, upholstery and more. You never have to worry about colors or surfaces when you use quick n brite. It is all natural and contains no harsh chemicals, bleach or toxic substances, so it will never harm any surface you use it on. It also comes with a full money back guarantee.
Got your own cleaning problem? We would love to help. Send us your question and we will provide a simply good solution.